The EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival is one of the most awaited events at Walt Disney World Resort. This annual event takes place from March to July and showcases stunning floral displays, topiaries, garden exhibits, and outdoor kitchens with fresh and delectable food and beverage offerings. The festival is a perfect blend of nature, entertainment, and fun, making it a must-see event for families heading to Disney World!
This year, the EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival is scheduled to begin on March 1st and will run through July 5th, 2023. The festival will feature new experiences, topiaries, and exhibits that celebrate the magic of nature. One of my favorite parts of festivals at EPCOT is that there is something there for everyone in the family to enjoy. I often get asked if EPCOT is a good park for children and my answer is YES (especially during festivals)! Below are a few experiences you can enjoy with the whole family and won’t want to miss at the 2023 International Flower and Garden Festival.
Explore the Outdoor Kitchens
One of the main attractions of the festival is the outdoor kitchens, which feature a variety of fresh and delectable food and beverage options. The outdoor kitchens offer an excellent opportunity for families to try new dishes and experience different flavors. If you’re checking out the outdoor kitchens, consider completing the Garden Graze. Using your Festival Passport as your guide for this food stroll, try at least 5 Garden Graze items and collect a stamp for each. Once you’ve completed the stroll, present your Festival Passport to Pineapple Promenade to receive a specialty treat!
Admire the Topiaries and Gardens
The EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival is known for its stunning topiaries and gardens, which are designed to showcase the beauty of nature. Families can take a stroll through the park and admire the various topiaries, such as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and the Disney Princesses. This year’s topiaries are noted below.
Want to add some more fun to your day? See if you can find all the topiaries and check them off on my FREE Printable EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival Topiary Checklist! Grab it here.
- Encanto, Including Mirabel, Antonio, Isabela and Luisa – NEW! – Main Entrance
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Pluto – Bridge to World Showcase and World Celebration
- Woody, Bo Peep and Her Sheep – World Nature Near The Land Pavilion
- Goofy – World Showcase
- Tiana – NEW! – The American Adventure Pavilion
- Buzz Lightyear – World Discovery Near Mission: SPACE
- Donald and Daisy – Community Garden Near Connections Café in World Celebration
- Figment – Near Imagination!
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon – Japan Pavilion Near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Between Imagination! and The Land Pavilion
- Pumbaa and Timon – Between Imagination! and The Land Pavilion
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Lumiere and Cogsworth – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between France and Morocco Pavilions
- Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell’s Fairy House Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Near Imagination! and Refreshment Port
- Geese – Canada Pavilion
- Butterflies – Main Entrance, Scentsy Garden, Butterfly House and World Showcase
The festival also features several gardens which provide families the opportunity to learn about different types of plants, flowers, and animals. This year’s gardens include:
- Bamboo Garden – China Pavilion
- Blossoms of Fragrance Presented by Scentsy – World Showcase Bridge
- Bold Bromeliads – The Land Pavilion
- Bonsai Collection – Japan Pavilion
- Bouquet Garden – France Pavilion
- Butterfly Landing Presented by AdventHealth – World Nature Near Imagination!
- China Zodiac Garden – China Pavilion
- The Community Garden – World Celebration – NEW!
- Connections Conservatory Garden – Connections Eatery
- Desert Garden – Mexico Pavilion
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings® – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Family-Friendly Garden Presented by OFF!
- Festival Blooms – World Celebration
- Floating Gardens – World Nature
- Garden Italiano – Italy Pavilion
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board® – Rosewalk Near Imagination!
- Kokedema Garden – Japan Pavilion
- Miniature Garden – Germany Pavilion
- Prehistoric Garden – World Discovery Near Mission: SPACE
- Shakespeare Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Shishi-odoshi – Japan Pavilion – NEW!
- Spice Garden – Morocco Pavilion
- Songbird Meadow Presented by Wild Birds Unlimited® – World Discovery
- Topiary Heritage Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tropical Rainforest Garden – Mexico Pavilion
Attend the Garden Rocks Concert Series
The Garden Rocks Concert Series is a popular event that takes place during the EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival. The concert series features popular artists and bands that will have you singing along! Seating is limited for shows, but Disney does offer a Dining Package that includes a meal and reserved seating.
- Glass Ceiling – March 1 & 2
- Journey Former Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri – March 3 & 4
- Daughtry – March 5 & 6
- Audio Exchange – March 7 to 9
- Tommy DeCarlo – March 10 & 11
- Smash Mouth – March 12 & 13
- Element – March 14 to 16
- Mike DelGuidice – March 17 & 18
- Blue Oyster Cult (NEW) – March 19 & 20
- The Vybe – March 21 to 23
- Berlin – March 24 & 25
- The Pointer Sisters – March 26 & 27
- The Female Collective – March 28 to 30
- Luis Figueroa (NEW) – March 31
- Piso 21 (NEW) – April 1 & 2
- Melina León – April 3
- Epic – April 4 to 6
- STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas – April 7 & 8
- Don Felder, formerly of the Eagles – April 9 & 10
- Foregniers Journey – April 11 to 13
- Blue October – April 14 & 15
- Switchfoot (NEW) – April 16 & 17
- Evolution: Motown – April 18 to 20
- A Flock of Seagulls – April 21 & 22
- Jo Dee Messina – April 23 & 24
- Hooligans – April 25 to 27
- Ambrosia with Peter Beckett, The Voice Of Player – April 28 & 29
- Kool & The Gang – April 30 & May 1
- The Finesse Party Band – May 2 to 4
- Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone – May 5 to 8
- Latin Ambition – May 9 to 11
- The Orchestra starring former members of ELO – -May 12 to 15
- 506 Crew – May 16 to 18
- A.J. Croce: Croce Plays Croce (NEW) – May 19 & 20
- Casting Crowns (NEW) – May 21 & 22
- M-80’s – May 23 to 25
- Jason Scheff, longtime lead singer of Chicago (NEW) – -May 26 & 27
- Rick Springfield – May 28 & 29
- Champagne Orchestra – May 30 to June 1
- Plain White T’s – June 2 to 5
- Glass Ceiling – June 6 to 8
- The Spinners – June 9 & 10
- The Commodores – June 11 & 12
- Element – June 13 to 15
- Vertical Horizon – June 16 & 17
- Tony Orlando – June 18 & 19
- Foregniers Journey – June 20 to 22
- Simple Plan – June 23 to 26
- Epic – June 27 to 29
- Living Colour – June 30 & July 1
- Wang Chung – July 2 & 3
- Evolution: Motown – July 4 & 5
Participate in the Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration
The Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration is a scavenger hunt that takes families on an adventure through the park. The scavenger hunt features Spike the Bee and requires families to find different flowers throughout the park. At the end of the scavenger hunt, families can earn a special prize. This activity is an excellent way for families to explore the park and learn about different types of flowers.
Planning a trip to Walt Disney World during the Flower and Garden Festival? Let me help you make the most out of your time with the least amount of stress! Head over to my Travel Planning page for complimentary assistance!