After taking over 70 Disney trips to multiple Disney Destinations, I’ve learned that it is very important to arrive prepared. Of course that means having a plan for your days, but it also means packing efficiently and effectively. (Is my Type A showing?) Trust me, you don’t want to get into a park, get a blister and find out you have to walk across the park to get a band-aid from First Aid. Below are my 15 Must Have Items for a Disney Vacation. Each of these items can be ordered from Amazon and if you have a Disney Visa Card, be sure to use it to get some Disney rewards dollars you can use towards your next vacation!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to purchase using my link. You will not be charged extra plus you will help keep karma&kismet and Kelly’s Magical Vacations going! Basically, you’re the best! For all Amazon links, please know – As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchase. Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Must Have Items for a Disney Vacation
No matter if you’re going to Walt Disney World, Disneyland or on a Disney Cruise, you’re going to want to pack a few essentials. These items are at the top of my list for “must haves” and are the kind of items I won’t leave home without.
- Sunscreen – I always have a travel sized sunscreen in my park bag and then a larger one back at the room.
- Lip Balm – I get two just in case I misplace the first one (as I always do)!
- Body Glide – When you’re walking around all day, certain things rub… it’s just the reality! I tried out Body Glide when I was running a runDisney race and now I don’t leave home without it. It’s great for your thighs (girls, you get it) and your feet if you often get blisters.
- Rain Jacket – I have a rain jacket that I can fold up and place in my park bag without it taking up a ton of room
- Gum – Did you know that Disney does not sell gum? In an effort to keep down on gum being stuck in places (eww!) Disney does not sell gum on their properties. So if you want some, you’ll need to pack that with you!
- Refillable Water Bottle – A bottle of water can cost you $4+ at Disney. If you’re there for 5 days and only buy one bottle a day, that’s $20+. Think of the Mickey Ears you could buy with that money! Skip purchasing water each day and instead bring along a water bottle that you can refill at water fountains throughout the parks.
- Reusable Straw – Disney has switched over to paper straws to cut down on their environmental impact. Only problem is those paper straws can start to bend! Pack a reusable straw pack with you so you can skip the paper straws.
- Portable Charger – This is an absolute MUST considering you’ll be using your phone to check in for dining reservations, mobile order food and make Genie+ reservations.
- Hand Sanitizer – Be sure to pack a few small bottles of hand sanitizer to use before meals and after getting off of rides.
- Over the Counter Medicine – This may be a no-brainer, but don’t forget it! Be sure you have whatever medicines you might need – when you’re having long park days in the sun it’s easy to get a headache or something else. Better safe than sorry!
- Aloe Vera Gel – Sunburns can be extremely painful and it’s easy to get one while you’re walking around the parks. Be sure to pack some Aloe Vera Gel in case you do get burnt.
- Band-Aids – It always seems like I can wear sneakers that I have worn previously and still get blisters when I’m walking around Disney! I keep a handful of band-aids with me at all times just in case I need them to help with those nasty blisters!
- Baby Powder – Trust me on this one, if you get a rash from sweat or anything like that while on vacation, baby powder will be a lifesaver!
- Portable Fan – Grab a small fan that you can bring along with you into the parks to help cool down on those really hot days.
- Manicure Set – I always pack at least a nail clipper, scissor and emory board in case I get a hangnail or I need a scissor to cut something (i.e. those annoying tags on Mickey ears!).
Hopefully this list helps you prepare for your next Disney vacation and have everything you’ll need to have a great trip! If you’re starting to pack, be sure to download our FREE Printable Disney Packing List.
Just getting started planning your Disney vacation? Let me assist you! As a Travel Agent who specializes in Disney, I provide complimentary assistance, recommendations and book your accommodations, tickets, dining, enhancements and more. Head to my Travel Planning page to get started!
What’s on your must have Disney vacation packing list? Comment below and let me know what I might have missed!
Awesome! These items came in very handy on our trip to Disney! Thank you!!