Living in Florida, I spend a lot of time with my hair up or just wanting it out of my face as I explore Walt Disney World and beyond. Of course, spending so much time in the parks also means I need to dress the part – so how do I stay cool, look cute, and have some Disney style magic? Headbands of course! Today I’m sharing how to make no-sew knot headbands with just a piece of fabric, a headband, ribbon, and a glue gun. It’s seriously that simple!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to purchase using my link. You will not be charged extra plus you will help keep karma&kismet going! Basically, you’re the best! For all Amazon links, please know – As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchase. Read the full Disclosure Policy.
What You’ll Need
To make your knot headband without sewing, you’ll need a few items that can be found at places like Amazon or JOANN.
Steps to Make a No-Sew Headband
- To get started, grab your fabric and cut out a 5in. x 21in. piece of fabric.
- Next, tie a knot at the top of your headband, being sure the fabric is laying properly (you want the right side up).
- Take your fabric and lay it flat against the top of the headband. Taking your glue gun, glue the edge of the fabric to the inside end of the headband.
- Wrap your fabric along the headband and use the glue gun to glue it to the inside.
- Line the inside of the headband with your .5in. ribbon.
- Wrap the .5in. ribbon around the end of your headband to finish it off.
I am a huge fan of this simple style DIY and wear these no-sew headbands way more than I should probably admit! If you make your own, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me @karmankismet. I’d love to see what fabric you use and how you pair it with an outfit!
Be sure to check out my YouTube video, where I share the step-by-step tutorial to make a no sew knotted headband below!
0 Comments for “How to Make a No-Sew Knot Headband”