If you know me, you know I am an obsessive cat mom. Pascal, who I adopted from the Monmouth County SPCA, is an almost three year old kitty with a huge heart and even bigger attitude. He’s a complete mommy’s-boy and even lets me dress him up. Basically, he’s the little prince and makes sure everyone knows it!
Pascal and I decided he needed some new clothes for the spring, and set out to sew a few bandanas – basically, Pascal wanted to create a “kitty capsule wardrobe” – Okay I might be going crazy now, but try and tell me you fellow fur baby moms and dads don’t obsess over your little ones just as much!
Check out the video below to see how I sewed Pascal a brand new Lion King bandana. Be sure to download the free printable pattern, which includes four sizes depending on how large your pets are.
What You’ll Need
- (1) Fat quarter of fabric
- Sewing Machine – I have the Brother XM2701 and would recommend for beginner to intermediate sewers
- Rotary cutter/scissors
- Cutting Board
What To Do
- Cut out your pattern – select which size will work best for your pet based on the girth of their neck
- Iron your fabric
- Fold you fabric in half and place the longest end of the pattern against the fold of the fabric
- Cut the fabric
- Iron a 1/4 inch hem and then pin
- Sew the 1/4 inch hem
- Create a pocket for the collar at the top of the bandana – check what size the pocket needs to be by laying the collar on the bandana and folding the bandana over the collar. Pin and sew.
- Place the collar into the pocket
- Try it on your fur baby!
If you try this project out, be sure to share a picture of your fur baby on Instagram and tag me @karmankismet. I’d love to see what you create!