On my recent trips to Disneyland and Walt Disney World, I fell in love with the cutest Mickey Mouse Ghost Pillow that retails for $24.99. The price wasn’t terrible, and I walked around with it in a number of stores, but eventually decided that even at $24.99, it wouldn’t be worth it since I couldn’t keep it out year-round.
When I got back home from my trips, I decided to try to make my own Mickey Mouse Ghost Pillow. After a trip to my local craft store (I stopped at both Michael’s and A.C. Moore, but Hobby Lobby is also an option!) I put together this sweet DIY Mickey Mouse Ghost Pillow for under $20. I had a ton of materials left over that I will be able to use for other DIY’s too!
Below are step-by-step instructions to help you make your own Mickey Mouse Ghost Pillow, plus a free printable pattern to make it even easier!
What You’ll Need:
- White Felt
- Black Felt
- Black Embroidery Thread
- Embroidery Needle
- Fabric Glue
- Printable Pattern
What To Do:
1. Cut out the printable pattern. Trace on felt – 2 ghost bodies (white), 1 ghost base (white), 2 ghost eyes (black), 1 ghost nose (white), and 1 ghost mouth (white). Cut out all pieces on felt.
2. Pin the ghost bodies and base to each other, forming the body.
3. Thread black embroidery thread on the needle and use a blanket stitch to sew the ghost by hand. Do not sew the entire body – keep about 2 inches open to stuff.
4. Stuff the ghost to the desired firmness. Sew the portion that you left open.
5. Taking the fabric glue, glue down the two eyes, nose, and mouth on your ghost.
6. Find your ghost a home!
The whole project took me about 1 hour to complete. I kept my pillow smaller than the original, but you could easily increase the size of the pillow if you wanted!
If you make your own DIY Mickey Mouse Ghost Pillow be sure to share and tag @karmankismet on Instagram so I can see your results!
3 Comments for “DIY Mickey Mouse Ghost Pillow”