Have you heard of Rachel Hollis’, of the Hollis Company, #Last90Days challenge? Rachel, author of Girl, Wash Your Face, motivational speaker and blogger, is challenging us all to live a more intentional life during the last 90 days of 2019 rather than waiting for January 1, 2020 to kick it off.
I am not usually one to get behind these types of programs, because 1. they usually cost money and 2. I don’t want to go on a fad diet or workout plan. But when my sister-in-law introduced me to the #Last90Days challenge and I figured out that it was free and it wasn’t all about losing weight or eating “healthier,” I jumped on board.
To take part, you just have to follow Rachel’s “Five to Thrive” rules each day.
- Wake up one hour earlier – I’ll be seeing the sunshine (or darkness as it may be) at 6 AM
- Write down 5 things you’re grateful for – I am going to put my Erin Condren planner to good use and write my gratitudes in their each day.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water – I won’t tell you how much I’ll be drinking because a lady never reveals her weight or age, but I will tell you it’s a lot more than I’m used to!
- Cut out one category of food for 30 days – This one is a big difficult for me, as I am Gluten-free, so food is already limited, but I am going to cut back on snacks, especially chocolate.
- Exercise for 30 minutes each day – I am going to work to incorporate walking, yoga, and maybe some other fun activities!
One of the best parts about this is the social aspect. Rachel encourages us all to share our progress on social media, hashtagging #Last90Days so that we can support each out. Now you know I wouldn’t do anything that didn’t have a little bit of pixie dust sprinkled on it, so I created a free downloadable “Five to Thrive” 90-day tracker that reminds you to “make. it. magical” everyday.
Let me know if you will be taking part in the #Last90days challenge and if you are using the habit tracker!